AMERICAN INDIAN HEALTH SERVICE OF CHICAGO, INC is currently looking for a qualified applicant for the following position.
Position: Senior Advocate – Mental Health
Salary: Full Time /$16.00 per hour
Summary: Provide guidance, support and resources to elderly individuals and their families, assesses the needs and desires of the elderly client and creates a services plan. Applicant must possess knowledge of community resources related to medical issues, housing issues, financial, and social issues relating to aging. Makes referrals to other professionals. Provide semiannual community education/awareness campaigns surrounding mental health and the aging.
Relationship, Responsibility, and Duties:
- Conduct a senior focused needs assessment within 6 months of employment.
- Provide a comprehensive assessment of the needs and desires of the elderly client. Assessment will include medical, behavioral health, social, and environmental factors.
- Prepare a comprehensive services plan for the elderly client and family members. Plan includes action steps and the resources in the community needed to carry out the recommendations in the plan.
- Assist in locating local community resources to meet the plan and assist in arranging services.
- Monitor service plan and provide on-going assessments and support to the family and elderly clients at AIHSC and adjust as necessary.
- Assist the client and/or family members with determining eligibility for assistance and resources.
- Maintain effective communication among family members, resources and services, and client.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Work in conjunction with the other AIHSC Outreach staff on providing opportunities to promote healthy lifestyles and positive self-identity, for AI/AN seniors and their families.
- Implement senior volunteer work programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must have a H.S. diploma or GED.
- Possess knowledge of community resources, targeted population and of geographical area.
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills and be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Applicant must have a reliable automobile and proof of liability insurance.
Native American preference, however, all qualified applicants will be accepted.
Send resume to: Bobbie Bellinger