AMERICAN INDIAN HEALTH SERVICE OF CHICAGO, INC is currently looking for a qualified applicant for the following position.
Position Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To perform casework of an advanced nature in situations of mental health services for the Native American community
- Case assessments and the development of treatment plans
- Crisis intervention of related social service situations
- Provide individual family counseling and group counseling services.
- Participate in a system of therapeutic care that provides support and strength to the clients of the program.
- Participates in interaction between service agencies on behalf of individuals and families.
- Educate and train providers in the care of suicide screening and evidence-based suicide care
- Consult and co-manage in the treatment of mental disorders and psychosocial issues to support care coordination/case management
- Encourage wellness and educate both patient and parent on good eating habits and living healthy
- Attend weekly Care Team meetings
- Review incoming medical documents and reports prior to the patient's appointment
- Provide crisis support and intervention as needed.
- Maintain client records and other statistical reports
- Maintain current licenses, CME, and other skills
Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions for individual and family counseling
- The ability to work at the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and has strong communication skill to ensure a coordinated approach to patient care
- Understands community education to make accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions, recognize the signs of suicide, and prevent and intervene in suicides and suicide ideations
- Knowledge of TPC process, procedures and policies
- Certification as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), hold licensure in State of Illinois
- A minimum of three years experience as a Mental Health provider
- Psychotherapy experience in a community setting preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Self-starter who works with minimal supervision
- Experience working on interdisciplinary teams
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able and/or willing to relate, understand, and/or have a working knowledge of the American Indian community and cultures.
Native American preference, however, all qualified applicants will be accepted.
Send resume to: Bobbie Bellinger